Sunday, July 19

London arrival

Welcome to my inaugural post as a blogger!

I must thank Scott Butler for the inspiration to set this up so I can keep you all informed about my movements over the next three weeks or so.

I arrived safely in London on Saturday evening UK time, after a fairly painless but tiring flight. Had no sleep on the Singapore leg of the journey, but managed to sneak in enough shuteye on the leg to Heathrow to see me through the remainder of the day.

Arrived to the news that Tom Watson is leading the British Open (this is the first time I've watched it live on TV during the daytime after all those nights staying up hoping for a Greg Norman miracle - strange experience) and that England are doing a number on Punter's men at Lord's - the sporting world has indeed gone mad.

However, some things stay the same no matter where you go - the first article I read in the British press was about Marylebone CC members queuing from 3.00am to get good seats for the firs day at Lord's. Just like our members at home...no mention of a reserved seat ballot in sight!

Thankfully, I can report that Chloe is in good spirits despite the workload that goes with such a job as this one. Just a couple of weeks to go before she takes a well-earned rest in New York with me.

Anyway, the plan is to visit Wembley Stadium (Monday), Emirates Stadium (Tuesday) and Twickenham Stadium (Wednesday) in the next three days, so it's a fairly hectic start to the journey. Will also sneak in the first of two visits to Lord's to watch the end of Tuesday's MCC v MCC match and to hopefully secure our club mascot, Fred the Ted, for the remainder of my trip.


Will report with more, including photos, after visiting Wembley tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment